October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month in San Diego and around the country.
It’s a time to reflect on those we have lost and support those that are fighting breast cancer. It’s also an opportune time to spread awareness to encourage more proactive behaviors like more mammograms and to help raise money for ongoing research.
There are a number of events during the month of October here in San Diego that are focused on raising awareness of breast cancer.
We are proud to supply fresh flowers for many of these events and are available to decorate your event as well.
We also have a wide array of pink flower arrangements and pink bouquets that make great gift ideas for someone who has fought and won their battle against breast cancer or even someone who may be fighting it right now.
It may also be a way to show loved ones you are remembering someone who has lost their fight.
Pink has long been the color associated with Breast Cancer Awareness Month due to its symbolizing femininity and grace.
Here are some great examples of what we can do to help you put breast cancer at the forefront of everyone’s minds this month:
- Special Someone features roses, spray roses, and gerbera daisies in various shades of pink along with red gerbera daisies and ranunculus that have been arranged in a pave style in a leaf-lined glass vase.
- Blushing Rewards offers bright fuchsia roses, pale pink spray roses, and pastel pink hydrangea along with floral greenery in a clear glass vase.
- A Little Pick Me UP has Asiatic lilies and pink roses along with hot pink gerbera daisies, mini carnations, and full-sized pink carnations in a clear glass ball.
- A Pink Polka Dot has pink spray roses and white daisy spray chrysanthemums in a pink vase that has been wrapped with a polka-dot satin ribbon.
- Pink Dreams delivers 18 incredible pink roses that have been arranged with greenery in an elegant vase.
Don’t forget that National Mammography Day is October 21st, which is a perfect time to raise awareness about the importance of early detection.
You can order at any of our San Diego flower shops, call us, or go online and order through our website.