You have some homework: Your assignment is to find the perfect gift for your children’s teacher or teachers. That means finding flowers, a card, or special gift that shows just how much you appreciate their efforts, their patience, their knowledge and their passion for teaching kids and helping them on their way to adulthood.
May 7th is National Teacher’s Day, which is part of an entire week that recognizes teachers around the United States, including San Diego.
This is always the first full week of May, which is May 6-May 10 this year. We’ve put together some ideas for this year’s celebration, including flowers for teachers, plants for teachers, and gifts for teachers that fit all budgets and tastes.
Flowers and Gifts for San Diego Teachers
We have got a selection of flowers, plants, and gifts that are a great way to show your appreciation for a teacher or a group of teachers. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking about how you are going to complete your homework:
- Give a teacher a bright, cheerful flower arrangement with some of the freshest flowers available, including those that may include some of their favorite flowers in their favorite colors. This includes a wide range of roses, tulips, carnations, daisies and other San Diego favorite flowers.
- Our selection for teachers also includes an assortment of flowering plants and flower garden baskets that can last weeks, months, and even longer if your teacher has a green thumb. These are nice to enjoy in the classroom or take home to remind them of their students.
- Green plants are another option we have for teachers, including indoor and outdoor green plants that add a bit of nature to the classroom or home.
- Don’t forget to pick up the teacher something extra to go with any of these ideas, including a bouquet of balloons or Mylar balloons, a stuffed animal, or a greeting card.
- Take the teacher out to lunch or bring them lunch to their classroom.
- Gift baskets are another nice idea for a teacher or a bunch of teachers. You can make a gift basket with fruit, gourmet food, sweet treats or even non-food gift baskets with spa items or even a sports-themed set if it is for a coach.
Thank You to Teachers
Most importantly, tell teachers, thank you, for their service and the time they are investing in you or your kids. They may not hear those words often enough and while it may seem simple, it is one of the best things you can do!