This is the time of year for lots of parties and events to celebrate Christmas with colleagues and clients as well as with friends and family. From corporate Christmas parties to ugly Christmas sweater parties with friends, there is a lot of festivities going on that makes for a very merry few weeks. However, if you are in charge of Christmas party planning, you may be in midst panic right now, trying to figure out how to pull off a fun Christmas party.
Holiday Party Planning Tips
Here are some things to think about when planning the perfect party for Christmas that will keep you organized, on budget, and on schedule:
- Have you picked a date and location? This is an important starting point and may depend on work and life schedules as well as event location availability and costs. If you are renting a venue, it will be more affordable and likely available if you plan a few weeks before or after Christmas. Be flexible!
- Have you decided on a theme? Decide if you are doing formal or casual as well as what type of decorations you would need to pull off that theme. It is better to keep it as simple as possible to minimize cost and the hassle of trying to find the right decorations.
- Have you created invitations? Despite being the digital age, it is still important to send a formal invitation whether by snail mail, email, or e-vite system. You need to get RSVPs so you can have the proper count to know how much food to provide.
- What kind of food and drinks do you want to have? Do you want to provide appetizers or do a full sit-down meal? This will depend on your venue, budget, and theme. Making these decisions in advance will save both time and money. Make sure you consider preferences, dietary restrictions, and responsible drinking.
- Will you have entertainment? Depending on the type of party you are hosting, you may have a live band, DJ, or just recorded music. Maybe it is a small party that will enjoy games or dancing. Make sure you decide and get costs for the necessary entertainment in advance as entertainers often book up quickly at holiday time.
We’re Your San Diego Holiday Party Planning Partner
From corporate events at San Diego venues to home Christmas parties to Christmas weddings, Allen’s Flowers and Plants has a full service event staff to ensure a memorable experience this holiday season.
We have produced a wide range of Christmas events and Christmas weddings, providing flowers for table centerpieces, garlands and wreaths, poinsettias and Christmas themed flower arrangements. Find out just how easy your Christmas party planning can be when you partner with us!