Labor Day weekend is sort of the official end to summer even though the fall season doesn’t kick off until September 22nd.
Yet, it’s that last three-day weekend to enjoy a short break away from work and school.
San Diego Events Over the Labor Day Weekend
In San Diego, we have lots of exciting events going on to enjoy this weekend:
- The US San Sculpting Challenge and Dimension Art Exposition takes place September 2-5 on the beaches near downtown.
- Festival of Sail is September 3-5 and offers the largest tall ship festival on the west coast. It’s hosted by the Maritime Museum of San Diego, providing all types of activities for adults and kids, arts and crafts vendors, a beer garden and tons of food options.
- The Annual Barona Powwow takes place September 2-4 and includes a weekend of contest dancing along with cultural immersion.
Saying Goodbye to Summer Flowers
Unfortunately, it’s time to say goodbye to summer flowers, but the good news is that they are on sale while supplies last and fall flowers will be arriving in the next few days.
Here are some highlights from our summer flower collection that you can enjoy over the Labor Day weekend and into the last weeks of summer:
- Del Mar Sunflowers includes sunflowers, ocean blue delphinium, alstromeria and more.
- Sunflower Fun includes a dozen sunflowers that have been accented with folded aspidistra leaves for a unique look.
- Suns and Seeds includes California sunflowers along with other garden flowers and some packets of sunflower seeds to grow your own.
- Garden Sunset features sunflowers, Peruvian lilies, summer fillers and roses. It’s available in two different sizes.
- Sunflowers of San Diego includes sunflowers, delphinium, alstromeria, yarrow, Monte Casino asters and more in a clear glass gathering vase.
- California Sunshine offers yellow roses, green hydrangea, and local succulents along with some accent flowers.
Hurry and orders yours by visiting any of our San Diego flower shop, calling us, or going online and using our convenient website!