Thanksgiving in San Diego is more than just a turkey dinner.
With year-round beautiful weather, there are many fun things to get out and enjoy on Thanksgiving that include the community, family and friends, and charitable organizations.
Check out these Thanksgiving activities in San Diego:
- Father Joe’s Thanksgiving 5K run and walk is from 7am to 10am at Balboa Park. It finishes at St. Vincent de Paul Village, the largest homeless charity in San Diego. Pets, strollers, and wheelchairs are welcome along with corporate groups and teams.
- The Oceanside Turkey Trot takes place, starting at 7am at Oceanside Pier. Thanksgiving costumes are encouraged. The event includes a 5k run or walk as well as a kids’ one-mile fun run.
- Coronado is having a 5K turkey trot as well as Fallbrook.
- The Running of the Turkey 10K Trail Run takes places on the North County coast while inland in the North County there is the Annual 5K and 10K as well as Kids’ Run.
- In Downtown San Diego, there is the San Diego Run for the Hungry 5K and 10K while the South Bay area features the 15K, 10K, and 5K Turkey Trot and Food Drive.
- In East County, there is the Waddle & Trot 5K and Kids’ Fun Run.
There are so many ways to burn off those extra calories you plan to consume plus help out those in need in your local San Diego communities.
Don’t forget to stop by our San Diego flower shops for some gorgeous Thanksgiving flowers and Thanksgiving centerpieces.
Although we will be closed on Thanksgiving Day to allow our staff to enjoy this special holiday with their friends and family, be sure to come visit on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday as we kick off the holiday shopping season and provide a glimpse of our new holiday collection of flowers, Christmas items, and gifts.